The Jefferson-Pilot Building in downtown Greensboro has been without electricity for two days following a small fire that broke out on the 17th floor early Monday.
Firefighters responded to call of a fire at the 100 N. Greene St. building at 2:17 a.m. Monday, said Capt. Mike Henley of the Greensboro Fire Department.The fire was caused by a short in an electrical room on the 17th floor, he said.
It was extinguished by the building's sprinkler system, which was set off shortly after the fire began, he said.
When power would be restored could not be determined late Tuesday. Efforts to reach officials at Jefferson-Pilot and Duke Power were unsuccessful.