Crab du Jour Cajun Seafood Restaurant and Bar is coming to 1315-A Bridford Parkway in Greensboro.
According to a Facebook post, the restaurant is opening in the space formerly Old Europe Restaurant which closed three years ago.
Crab du Jour offers Cajun-seasoned boiled shellfish, wings, po’boys, chicken tenders, Cajun-style sides and a low country-style seafood boil.
An opening date is not known.
Pig out for a T-shirt
If you like pork, the North Carolina Pork Council is declaring this the Summer of ‘Cue — as in barbecue.
In a release, the advocacy organization for the state’s pork producers announced it has launched a social media challenge to encourage pork lovers to patronize barbecue restaurants and get a free T-shirt for doing so.
“We are all aware and deeply affected by the impacts to so many restaurants across the state because of the ongoing pandemic,” Jim Lynch, a Wayne County farmer and president of the N.C. Pork Council, said in the release.
“Pork — and barbecue in particular — is so important to our state’s identity and heritage and we want to do all we can to encourage support for our restaurants.”
All you need to do to get a T-shirt is share your pork dishes from restaurants on social media.
With more than 450 barbecue restaurants across the state, finding one shouldn’t be a problem.
Here’s how it works.
Take a picture of your pork entree, tag the restaurant, tag @NCPork on Facebook or Instagram, and use the #SummerofCue hashtag to register an entry. After visiting five different restaurants, participants are asked to visit ncpork.org/summerofcue and fill out a claim form. T-shirts will be mailed in September.
Cupcake with your order?
Get a baklava cupcake with each order placed at Acropolis Restaurant at 416 N. Eugene St. in Greensboro.
According to a Facebook post, Mary Ann Contogiannis, a member of the Contogiannis family which has operated the restaurant since 1967, has been baking the cupcakes since the pandemic started.
The restaurant’s phone is 336-273-3306.
The Fresh Market is known for its curated merchandise and summertime is no exception with curated tomatoes.
The gourmet grocery chain is offering a wide variety of heirloom tomatoes picked ripe from the vine. These tomatoes, with a short shelf life, are typically only found at farm markets.
Heirloom varieties like Brandywine, Cherokee Purple and Persimmon are available for a limited time. They are $3.99 a pound this week.
- Applebee’s Grill and Bar has brought back the Irresist-A-Bowls for around $7.99 for a limited time.
- Barberitos is offering vegan menu options that include tofu and fresh vegetable toppings. The chain has also brought back mango salsa.
- DQ is celebrating National Ice Cream Day with $1 off any dipped cone (excluding child cones) on July 19.
- Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar is offering two burgers paired with a litre of Caymus Cabernet Sauvignon for $125 or a bottle of Caymus-Suisun Grand Durif for $85.
- Noodles & Company rewards members can get a free small bowl of gourmet mac and cheese on their next visit with the purchase of any regular entrée. The promotion is good through July 17.
- Papa John’s has introduced the Shaq-a-Roni pizza, with extra cheese and pepperoni, to honor board member and restaurant owner Shaquille O’Neal. For every pizza sold through Aug. 23, $1 will be donated to the Papa John’s Foundation for Building Community.
Contact Carl Wilson at 336-373-7145 or at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow on
Twitter at Short_OrdersNR and on Facebook.