GREENSBORO — Starting next week, the city will offer a free pop-up sprayground twice a week at local recreation centers.
The city’s Parks and Recreation and Fire departments will host the Greensboro Community Hose Down from 2 to 4 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, July 28 through Aug. 13, according to a city news release.
The fire department has offered similar spraygounds at Greensboro’s Fun Fourth, which was canceled this year because of coronavirus concerns.
A limit of 25 people will be allowed to play at one time, with a rotation every 15 minutes if capacity is reached, the release said.
Visitors should stay six feet away from anyone who doesn’t live in their household while they play and should wear a face covering while waiting to go into the spray area, the announcement said.
The Parks ansd Recreation’s sprayground schedule is:
- July 28: Warnersville Recreation Center, 601 Doak St.
- July 30: Lindley Recreation Center, 2907 Springwood Drive
- Aug. 4: Windsor Recreation Center, 1601 E. Gate City Blvd.
- Aug. 6: Lewis Recreation Center, 3110 Forest Lawn Drive.
- Aug. 11: Leonard Recreation Center, 6324 Ballinger Road.
- Aug. 13: Peeler Recreation Center, 1300 Sykes Ave.
For more summer activities, visit www.gsosummeronline.com.
Stay up-to-date on what's happening
Receive the latest in local entertainment news in your inbox weekly!