Skip to main content
You are the owner of this article.
You have permission to edit this article.
Edit
Page High School students back in class after short-lived fire in trash can
0 Comments

Page High School students back in class after short-lived fire in trash can

  • 0
{{featured_button_text}}
Page High School (copy)

Page High School in Greensboro.

GREENSBORO — Students and staff briefly evacuated Page High School on Tuesday due to a fire in a trash can in one of the school's bathrooms, according to the Greensboro Fire Department.

Jim Boggs, a shift commander with the Greensboro Fire Department, said the call came in at 11:14 a.m. 

The school put out the fire before the fire trucks got there, he said.  

There were no injuries and no damage to the building, not even smoke damage, he said. 

Boggs said the clear assumption is that a person started the fire in the can. Page's school resource officer is investigating, Boggs said. 

Reached about 12:30 p.m., Guilford County Schools spokesman Janson Silvers said Page students had returned to their classes.

Contact Jessie Pounds at 336-373-7002 and follow @JessiePounds on Twitter.​

0 Comments

Want to see more like this?

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Related to this story

Most Popular

Superior Court Judge David Lee told lawyers representing local school boards and children to offer within two weeks a proposed order that demands compliance with a remedial spending plan he endorsed earlier this year. After input by state government attorneys, Lee would act no sooner than Nov. 8.

Recommended for you

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

Breaking News