GREENSBORO — Students and staff briefly evacuated Page High School on Tuesday due to a fire in a trash can in one of the school's bathrooms, according to the Greensboro Fire Department. It was the second at the school in two days.
Jim Boggs, a shift commander with the Greensboro Fire Department, said the call for the fire on Tuesday came in at 11:14 a.m.
The school put out the fire before the fire trucks got there, he said.
There were no injuries and no damage to the building, not even smoke damage, he said.
Boggs said the clear assumption is that a person started the fire in the can. Page's school resource officer is investigating, Boggs said.
Guilford County Schools spokesman Janson Silvers also confirmed that there was a small fire during school Monday at Page. He said no one was hurt, and there was no damage to his knowledge. As was the case on Tuesday, the fire department was called and students temporarily evacuated the building, Silvers said.
Contact Jessie Pounds at 336-373-7002 and follow @JessiePounds on Twitter.