Among the 50 states and the District of Columbia, North Carolina ranks as the worst state for teachers, according to a new ranking by WalletHub.
The personal finance website analyzed data along 18 categories to come to its rankings.
The metrics it looked at included looks at states' median starting salaries, unemployment rates and teacher job openings, among other factors.
Here is where North Carolina ranked in several categories:
- Average starting salary, 41,
- Median annual salary, 47,
- Unemployment rate, 38,
- Ten-year change in teacher salary, 51,
- Pupil-to-teacher ratio, 32,
- Public school spending per student, 48,
- Teachers' wage disparity, 43, and
- Safest schools, 40.
WalletHub looked at the data in light of International World Teachers Day coming up on Oct. 5.
People are also reading…
View the report here.