LOS ANGELES - Leonardo DiCaprio has filed a police report over an attack at a Hollywood party that left him needing stitches.
The star of "Titanic" and "The Aviator" said that he was attacked with a deadly weapon while attending a party given by Paris Hilton's ex-boyfriend, Rick Salomon, authorities said Tuesday. DiCaprio said his injuries required several stitches.Police officer Kevin Mailberger said DiCaprio contacted the Los Angeles Police Department's Hollywood division Monday afternoon to file the complaint.
"While leaving a small private gathering, Leo was attacked by a woman who was trespassing and had been repeatedly asked to leave the property," Ken Sunshine, DiCaprio's publicist, said last week.
NEW YORK - The Broadway revival of "On Golden Pond" will close Sunday if its star, James Earl Jones, who is suffering from pneumonia, can't return to the production next week.
"No one wants to close this amazing production, and we're all eager to take down the provisional closing notice, but if he (Jones) is unable to return in the near future, closing is our most financially responsible decision," producer Jeffrey Finn said Tuesday.
The 74-year-old Jones has been out of the show since June 15. Box-office receipts have plummeted.
LOS ANGELES - So would John Leguizamo rather take the bullet to the head and be done with all this zombie fuss, or would he prefer to become one of the walking dead himself?
Leguizamo, 40, co-stars in the zombie thriller "George Romero's Land of the Dead," which opens Friday. In director Romero's zombie lore, once bitten by a zombie, people inevitably die and come back as flesh-craving ghouls themselves. The only way to avoid that fate is a bullet to the brain.
If bitten, Leguizamo said, he might view his transformation into a zombie as a way to get payback on show-business people who have crossed him.
Be the first to know
Get local news delivered to your inbox!